- Program Description
- Program of Studies / Mandatory Courses
- Admission and Registration
- Learning Outcomes
- Next Steps
- Field Placement / Clinical
- Additional Information
- Frequently Asked Questions
- College Resources
- Program Contact
If you are a dedicated, skilled nurse registered outside of Canada, Mohawk College is your bridge to Ontario nursing registration.
The Bridging for Internationally Educated Nurses (BIEN) program will provide you with the education and clinical experience necessary to meet the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) evidence of practice requirements.
The Bridging for Internationally Educated Nurses (BIEN) program will provide you with the education and clinical experience necessary to meet the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) evidence of practice requirements. Upon completion of the program, a verification of course completion will be forwarded to the College of Nurses as proof of practice and fluency.
This program is available on a part-time basis.
- Receive a recognized Ontario College Certificate
- Participate in nursing-specific language courses
- Discover best practices as applied to nursing in Ontario
- Gain experience in a Canadian hospital setting
- Meet CNO's evidence of practice and fluency requirement
- Become employment ready
Admission and Registration
- Registered Nurse or Registered Practical Nurse
Industries of Employment:
- Physicians' Office
- Retirement Homes
- Community Agencies
- Nursing Homes and Long Term Care Homes
- Business Industries
For more details on related occupations, job market information and career opportunities, visit the Government of Canada Job Bank (opens in new window).
Field Placement / Clinical
You MUST register for Preplacement/Clinical Service (HLTH10223), which is not part of the program of study, to complete required health clearances prior to registering for a clinical.
"I have learned a lot, especially about the Canadian system of caring for individuals."
"Through this program, I learned to boost my confidence as a student and as a future Canadian nurse."
"To those people intending to enroll in this program, I strongly recommend it...There would surely be an impact on your life and your career."
Frequently Asked Questions
Bridging for Internationally Educated Nurses