- Program Description
- Program of Studies / Mandatory Courses
- Admission and Registration
- Next Steps
- Additional Information
- Frequently Asked Questions
- College Resources
- Program Contact
Correct definition, spelling and pronunciation of medical terminology is vital to work in a health care setting. Through completion of this series of two courses, students will gain understandings of various medical terms related to disease and diagnosis, anatomy, physiology and pathology of the body, oncology and psychiatry.
Led by instructors who are industry professionals, courses in this program are offered in a flexible, part-time, online and interactive format that may include face-to-face live video conferencing, allowing you to learn in an engaging environment, without interrupting your current employment. These sessions are recorded for those unable to attend live.
Interested in learning more about this program?
Register for an online information session
Admission and Registration
You do not need to apply to begin this program. Simply ensure you meet the requirements listed on the Admission Requirements webpage prior to registering.
Basic computer and keyboarding skills are recommended.
Interested in taking a single course? Provided you have the appropriate prerequisites, the courses in this program can be taken individually.
- Business Clerk - almost all departments in a hospital have a front-line Business Clerk
- Booking Clerk - to book surgeries, procedures etc.
- Various Administrative Assistant positions
- Program Assistant
- Medical Secretary - usually for a Surgeon or Physician’s office
- Ward Clerk
For details on related occupations, job market information and career opportunities, visit the Government of Canada Job Bank (opens in new window).
Frequently Asked Questions
- Continuing Education FAQ
- Where can I find more information on registering?
- What is the fee structure?
- How can I apply for an exemption?
- Can I obtain credit for learning obtained outside a traditional classroom?
- Where can I find more information on online learning and exams for online courses?
- How do I apply for the Acknowledgement of Completion?
Health and Nursing