- Program Description
- Program of Studies / Mandatory Courses
- Admission and Registration
- Learning Outcomes
- Next Steps
- Additional Information
- Frequently Asked Questions
- College Resources
- Program Contact
Working in a variety of settings, career practitioners work to provide support to individuals in need of employment, career advancement and training guidance.
Career development has become a unique specialty that continues to evolve alongside economic and labour market changes. This program will interest individuals with experience in career development who wish to enhance their skills, and those in human service areas wishing to add these competencies to their employment profile. If you currently work in Education, Human Resources, Social Services, and Career Information Centres, Recruitment Firms, Employment Agencies, Rehabilitation and Multicultural Settings, you should find this program valuable.
- Learn about the Labour Market and National Occupational Codes
- Develop your counseling skills to assist individuals to achieve their dream jobs or careers
- Discover career development and digital resources to enhance your referrals
- Build your tools and techniques in resume development and career counseling
- Enhance your proficiencies and practice your individual and group facilitation skills
- Learn new measurement and assessment tools
Continuing Education students usually complete this program in two to four years.
Courses in this program cost approximately $300 each. Textbooks are extra.
Admission and Registration
You must apply, and be accepted, to this program prior to registering for courses.
Intakes are available in the Fall (September), Winter (January), and Spring (May).
A degree or diploma in a related area is recommended.
Please complete the application page and include either a copy of online course marks or a digital transcript to receive a conditional offer.
Original, official transcripts (in a sealed envelope from the issuing institution) must be submitted in order to receive an official, and final, offer for the program.
- Applicants declaring permanent resident or Convention Refugee status in Canada, must submit a copy of their Permanent Resident Card (PR card) along with their application.
- All applicants submitting international transcripts must also provide an official and sealed credential evaluation report. This can be coordinated through any of the following:
- An official English Language Proficiency score report outlining a minimum grade of 7 in all components.
- Other information or documents may be requested to determine your eligibility.
Program learning outcomes outline what graduates need to know, and be able to do, after they complete a program.
Review the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU) program learning outcomes.
Mohawk Pathways offers a diverse range of programs to further your studies. Students that graduate from any of the following programs are eligible to enroll in the Career Consultant program:
- Social Service Worker (Intensive)
- Educational Support (Intensive)
- Social Service Worker
- Educational Support
- Business Administration - Human Resource
- Human Resource Management
View the pathways map (PDF) which shows how the identified program can lead to future program choices. Equivalences and/or course exemptions may apply. Prerequisite courses and/or minimum averages may be required.
Industries of Employment
- Employment Ontario Services Providers/Agencies
- Human Resource departments
- Counselling or career counselling professions
- Educational institutions
- Recruitment firms
- Social services organizations
- Employment agencies
- WSIB and Rehabilitation services
For more details on related occupations, job market information and career opportunities, visit the Government of Canada Job Bank (opens in new window).
Wait for your application to be approved. Once approved, you can select and register for your courses.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Continuing Education FAQ
- Where can I find more information on registering?
- What is the fee structure?
- How can I apply for an exemption?
- Can I obtain credit for learning obtained outside a traditional classroom?
- Where can I find more information on online learning and exams for online courses?
- How do I apply to graduate?
Interdisciplinary, Media, Creative Arts and Business