- Program Description
- Program of Studies / Mandatory Courses
- Admission and Registration
- Learning Outcomes
- Next Steps
- Additional Information
- Frequently Asked Questions
- College Resources
- Program Contact
Effective business decisions today come as a result of interpreting large amounts of data. Data Analytics provides the specialized knowledge necessary for you to become a skilled professional essential to an employer's business decision making process.
- To analyze and interpret digital information.
- Case study problem solving and analysis.
- To understand key analytical, modeling, statistical and programming tools.
- The use of business intelligence and data analytics software with a focus on data identification, consolidation, communication, reporting, manipulation and trending.
- Management techniques for data analytics projects.
- Presentation and communication skills.
This program is also offered through Full Time Studies.
Continuing Education students typically complete this program in two to four years.
Courses in this program cost approximately $425 each. Textbooks are extra.
Admission and Registration
- University degree or college diploma (two year or longer) including most Business, Computer Science, or Humanities and Social Sciences program OR
- An acceptable combination of related work experience and postsecondary education (as determined by the college).
Original, official transcripts (in a sealed envelope from the issuing institution) must be submitted in order to receive an official, and final, offer for the program.
- Applicants declaring permanent resident or Convention Refugee status in Canada, must submit a copy of their Permanent Resident Card (PR card) along with their application.
- All applicants submitting international transcripts must also provide an official and sealed credential evaluation report. This can be coordinated through any of the following:
- An official English Language Proficiency score report outlining a minimum grade of 7 in all components.
- Other information or documents may be requested to determine your eligibility.
OSAP funding may be available. Learn more about Financial Assistance Options for Continuing Education Students.
Graduates may wish to pursue a Certified Analytics Professional credential.
For more details on related occupations, job market information and career opportunities, visit the Government of Canada Job Bank (opens in new window).
This is a BYOD (Bring your own device) program. You can find the laptop requirements on the full-time program page under Additional Information.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Continuing Education FAQ
- Where can I find more information on registering?
- What is the fee structure?
- How can I apply for an exemption?
- Can I obtain credit for learning obtained outside a traditional classroom?
- Where can I find more information on online learning and exams for online courses?
- How do I apply to graduate?
Technology and Skills Development