- Program Description
- Program of Studies / Mandatory Courses
- Admission and Registration
- Learning Outcomes
- Next Steps
- Field Placement / Clinical
- Frequently Asked Questions
- College Resources
- Program Contact
Enhance your knowledge and skill set to provide consulting on healthy eating strategies that are pivotal to the health and wellness industry!
Graduates will gain valuable practical experience utilizing culinary and assessment skills, in conjunction with consulting techniques, to convert nutritional knowledge into practical solutions for clients. The program will focus on sustainable behaviour change by challenging a client to develop their inner wisdom, identify their values, and transform their goals into action. Graduates of the program will also explore the intimate connection between nutrient dense foods in relationship to whole health.
Graduates from many full-time diploma, advanced diploma or degree programs including Health, Wellness and Fitness, Nutrition and Healthy Lifestyle Promotion, Kinesiology, Food and Nutrition, Applied Nutrition, Nutritional Sciences, as well as Nursing and Personal Support Worker, will benefit from the addition of this specialized skill set!
Admission and Registration
Intakes are available in the Fall (September) and Winter (January).
- Ontario College Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Degree or equivalent in the areas of Health, Wellness and Fitness; Nutrition and Healthy Lifestyle Promotion; Kinesiology; Food and Nutrition, Applied Nutrition or Nutritional Sciences
Language Requirements for International Students
- Successful completion of GAS-EAP (478) Program Level 8 with 90% OR
- TOEFL (opens in new window) minimum score of 560 (83 Internet based) OR
- IELTS (opens in new window) Academic minimum score of 6.5 overall with no band less than 6.0
- More information about acceptable certificates can be found at International Students - Understand Admission Requirements
OSAP funding may be available. Learn more about Financial Assistance Options for Continuing Education Students.
Graduates of this program may seek further education at the Bachelor level, in areas such as Human Nutrition, Dietetics, Nutrition and Food Science, Kinesiology, Nursing, etc.
Graduates will have the ability to expand their scope of practice to work as a nutritional or health coach with clients in wellness clinics, fitness facility settings or in private practice. Graduates can pursue a designation of Registered Health Coach, Nutrition Coach, or Registered Health and Nutrition Counselor.
For more details on related occupations, job market information and career opportunities, visit the Government of Canada Job Bank (opens in new window).
Field Placement / Clinical
You MUST register for Preplacement/Clinical Service (HLTH10223), which is not part of the program of study, to complete required health clearances prior to registering for a clinical.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Continuing Education FAQ
- Where can I find more information on registering?
- What is the fee structure?
- How can I apply for an exemption?
- Can I obtain credit for learning obtained outside a traditional classroom?
- Where can I find more information on online learning and exams for online courses?
- How do I apply to graduate?
Health and Nursing