- Program Description
- Program of Studies / Mandatory Courses
- Admission and Registration
- Next Steps
- Additional Information
- Frequently Asked Questions
- College Resources
- Program Contact
Developed to meet needs of the Horticulture Industry and individuals seeking a career change, or with an interest in plant materials used in the nursery, commercial, and residential landscape. Through the use of lectures, slides, field trips, and specimen study, you will study the morphological features (e.g. leaf, bud, needle) and cultural requirements of a broad range of plant materials.
You may also be interested in the Landscape Design Certificate.
Admission and Registration
You do not need to apply to begin this program. Simply ensure you meet the requirements listed on the Admission Requirements webpage prior to registering.
Successful completion of Secondary School English or equivalent is required.
Interested in taking a single course? Provided you have the appropriate prerequisites, the courses in this program can be taken individually.
Bursary funding may be available. Learn more about Financial Assistance Options for Continuing Education Students.
For details on related occupations, job market information and career opportunities, visit the Government of Canada Job Bank (opens in new window).
Frequently Asked Questions
- Continuing Education FAQ
- Where can I find more information on registering?
- What is the fee structure?
- How can I apply for an exemption?
- Can I obtain credit for learning obtained outside a traditional classroom?
- Where can I find more information on online learning and exams for online courses?
- How do I apply to graduate?
Technology and Skills Development