- Program Description
- Program of Studies / Mandatory Courses
- Admission and Registration
- Learning Outcomes
- Next Steps
- Frequently Asked Questions
- College Resources
- Program Contact
Develop a background in computer programming, systems analysis and design and gain performance skills tailored to the current needs of industry through this Level 2 certificate program. Topics may include:
- Operating systems concepts.
- Multi-tasking operating system environments
- Design, development and implementation of interactive software
- Principle design concerns of Graphical User Interfaces (GUI)
- Data file processing in an object-oriented programming environment
- Event-driven programming logic.
You may also be interested in the Computer Science - Level 1 Certificate.
Admission and Registration
You do not need to apply to begin this program. Simply ensure you meet the requirements listed on the Admission Requirements webpage prior to registering.
Interested in taking a single course? Provided you have the appropriate prerequisites, the courses in this program can be taken individually.
Bursary funding may be available. Learn more about Financial Assistance Options for Continuing Education Students.
Graduates will be prepared to join systems, programming and/or database groups, work with several programming languages, handle systems analysis and design, and understand the systematic approach to software development.
For details on related occupations, job market information and career opportunities, visit the Government of Canada Job Bank (opens in new window).
Frequently Asked Questions
Technology and Skills Development