- Program Description
- Program of Studies / Mandatory Courses
- Admission and Registration
- Learning Outcomes
- Next Steps
- Frequently Asked Questions
- College Resources
- Program Contact
Graduates of the Research Management program will have knowledge and insight into the complex world of management of research enterprises within university, hospital, or other organizational settings. Through in-depth examination of national and international regulatory issues, the program prepares graduates to move into positions of leadership within the dynamic field of research administration.
This program will attract applicants from a broad range of backgrounds, including but not limited to: science, social science, health care, business. Grads interested in conducting research or acting as senior leaders in research administration may continue education at the Bachelor and Post-Graduate levels in any field of study.
Formally acknowledges your competency in research management.
Provides opportunities for gaining new skills and knowledge.
Recognizes prior skills and expertise as well as those directly gained through the program.
Connects you to experienced mentors to help build your network and gain industry insights.
Flexible, fully-online program delivery.
Innovative teaching technologies to enhance interaction with fellow students and faculty.
Project and problem-based learning elements.
Collaborate with fellow students on projects.
All students will have the opportunity to identify a Professional Mentor through the Canadian Association of Research Administrators Mentorship Program or their own networks. This could be someone from the student’s own institution or a different institution. The role of the Professional Mentor is to:
- Provide guidance, support and encouragement throughout the program.
- Help build the student's professional network.
Interested in finding out more about this program?
Admission and Registration
Intakes are available in the Fall (September), Winter (January), and Spring (May).
- Ontario College Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Degree or equivalent.
- View the Language Requirements for International Students
Once you've received official acceptance into the program you must become a CARA (opens in new window) member before registering for courses.
OSAP funding may be available. Learn more about Financial Assistance Options for Continuing Education Students.
Work in a research management role at hospitals, universities, colleges and non-profit research organizations.
- Director of Research
- Coordinator of Research
- Dean of Research
Frequently Asked Questions
- Continuing Education FAQ
- Where can I find more information on registering?
- What is the fee structure?
- How can I apply for an exemption?
- Can I obtain credit for learning obtained outside a traditional classroom?
- Where can I find more information on online learning and exams for online courses?
- How do I apply to graduate?
Interdisciplinary, Media, Creative Arts and Business