- Program Description
- Program of Studies / Mandatory Courses
- Admission and Registration
- Learning Outcomes
- Next Steps
- Frequently Asked Questions
- College Resources
- Program Contact
3D Visualization has revolutionized the way buildings and spaces are designed, constructed, operated and maintained. Evaluating how and where to employ it efficiently and successfully is an emerging in-demand skill set. The 3D Visualization for the Built Environment Micro-credential will provide you with skills development in Building Information Modeling (BIM), 3D Rendering Tools, GIS, Digital Twins and Virtual Reality/3D Printing applications for design, presentation, construction and ongoing operations and maintenance of buildings and spaces.
- Each of the 5 micro-credentials can be completed in less than 12 weeks. Continuing Education students usually complete the stacked micro-credential in one to two years.
Courses in this program cost approximately $547 each. Textbooks are extra.
Interested in learning more about this program?
Register for the next information session
Admission and Registration
You do not need to apply to begin this program. Simply ensure you meet the requirements listed on the Admission Requirements webpage prior to registering.
Intakes are available in the Fall (September), Winter (January), and Spring (May).
OSAP funding may be available. Learn more about Financial Assistance Options for Continuing Education Students.
- Examine what BIM (Building Information Modeling) is
- Create and render 2D/3D models which include massing, detailed interiors, shadow analysis of structures, and exporting information for energy analysis
- Build a construction and existing facility twin through an examination of the core components of what a digital twin is
- Operate simple and advanced features of GIS software.
- Use multiple 3D modeling software to create, modify, and Render 3D models for VR viewing and 3D printing.
- City Planner
- Urban Designer
- Planning Technician
- GIS analyst
- Project Manager
- Facilities Manager
Industries of Employment
- Construction and Engineering Firms
- Home Builders
- Planning and Architectural Consultants
- Facilities Management Firms
For details on related occupations, job market information and career opportunities, visit the Government of Canada Job Bank (opens in new window).
Frequently Asked Questions
Technology and Skills Development