- Program Description
- Program of Studies / Mandatory Courses
- Admission and Registration
- Next Steps
- Frequently Asked Questions
- College Resources
- Program Contact
Explore new musical horizons through a basic study of music and develop a sound foundation for more advanced studies such as arranging and composition. On successful completion of the program you will have developed your theoretical musical ability to the entrance level of the three year Applied Music Program at Mohawk College.
Visit our list of Music Courses to find additional, stand-alone, courses you may be interested in.
Admission and Registration
You do not need to apply to begin this program. Simply ensure you meet the requirements listed on the Admission Requirements webpage prior to registering.
- Successful completion of senior secondary school English (or equivalent) is recommended.
- Open to absolute beginners or individuals at any stage.
- You may qualify for credit for previous musical experience.
- Level 1 instruments and vocals require no previous experience.
- You must supply your own instruments where applicable and pay for texts.
Interested in taking a single course? Provided you have the appropriate prerequisites, the courses in this program can be taken individually.
Bursary funding may be available. Learn more about Financial Assistance Options for Continuing Education Students.
For details on related occupations, job market information and career opportunities, visit the Government of Canada Job Bank (opens in new window).
Frequently Asked Questions
- Continuing Education FAQ
- Where can I find more information on registering?
- What is the fee structure?
- How can I apply for an exemption?
- Can I obtain credit for learning obtained outside a traditional classroom?
- Where can I find more information on online learning and exams for online courses?
- How do I apply to graduate?
Interdisciplinary, Media, Creative Arts and Business