- Program Description
- Program of Studies / Mandatory Courses
- Admission and Registration
- Learning Outcomes
- Next Steps
- Field Placement / Clinical
- Additional Information
- Frequently Asked Questions
- College Resources
- Program Contact
Specialize your nursing skills, and enhance your knowledge, with these specialized footcare courses and field practicum opportunity!
Designed specifically for RNs and RPNs, these courses can help increase your potential to find employment or start your own footcare management business.
Led by instructors with industry expertise, all courses are interactive and combine theory and practical application.
Students may request a Letter of Recognition upon successful completion of the two theory courses.
You may also be interested in the specialized Management of Wounds course.
Admission and Registration
You do not need to apply to begin this program. Simply ensure you meet the requirements listed on the Admission Requirements webpage prior to registering.
Current RN/RPN registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
Interested in taking a single course? Provided you have the appropriate prerequisites, the courses in this program can be taken individually.
OSAP funding may be available. Learn more about Financial Assistance Options for Continuing Education Students.
- Use specialized knowledge & skills to provide safe, competent footcare to clients.
- Assess, plan, implement, and evaluate foot care within scope of practice.
- Update and expand knowledge of footcare practices using a variety of resources and learning opportunities.
- Utilize critical thinking skills in examining footcare situations.
- Implement and promote evidence-based nursing practice through research utilization.
- Utilize principles of health education, adult learning, and the teaching-learning process to meet the learning needs of foot care clients.
Specialization increases potential to find employment working in some capacity as a footcare practitioner.
For more details on related occupations, job market information and career opportunities, visit the Government of Canada Job Bank (opens in new window).
Field Placement / Clinical
You MUST register for Preplacement/Clinical Service (HLTH10223), which is not part of the program of study, to complete required health clearances prior to registering for a clinical.
Frequently Asked Questions
Health and Nursing