- Program Description
- Program of Studies / Mandatory Courses
- Admission and Registration
- Learning Outcomes
- Next Steps
- Field Placement / Clinical
- Frequently Asked Questions
- College Resources
- Program Contact
Advance your knowledge and skills with Canada’s first and only Public Health Nursing Graduate Certificate.
Taught by experienced Public Health Nurses, this postgraduate program provides critical skills for Registered Nurses who are new graduates or new hires in public health. The program will help you develop practice knowledge related to primary health care, chronic disease, injury, infectious disease prevention, epidemiology, the Population Health Promotion Model, social justice, health equity and inclusion, postcolonialism and racism, community as partner, engagement, and collaboration.
This advanced preparation contributes to strengthening the response to current and future public health challenges, and prepares leaders in Public Health Nursing practice.
Graduates of this program will gain increased opportunity for employment in public health organizations in your jurisdiction. The Public Health Nursing Certificate Program also prepares those who are eligible for the Canadian Nurses Association Community Health Nursing certification examination.
Admission and Registration
You do not need to apply to begin this program. Simply ensure you meet the requirements listed on the Admission Requirements webpage prior to registering.
- Certificate of registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario as a current RN or graduate nurse registration with the respective provincial/territory regulator.
Interested in taking a single course? Provided you have the appropriate prerequisites, the courses in this program can be taken individually.
OSAP funding may be available. Learn more about Financial Assistance Options for Continuing Education Students.
- Graduates of this program will gain increased opportunity for employment in public health organizations in your jurisdiction. The Public Health Nursing Certificate Program also prepares those who are eligible for the Canadian Nurses Association Community Health Nursing certification examination.
For details on related occupations, job market information and career opportunities, visit the Government of Canada Job Bank (opens in new window).
Field Placement / Clinical
You MUST register for Preplacement/Clinical Service (HLTH10223), which is not part of the program of study, to complete required health clearances prior to registering for a clinical.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Continuing Education FAQ
- Where can I find more information on registering?
- What is the fee structure?
- How can I apply for an exemption?
- Can I obtain credit for learning obtained outside a traditional classroom?
- Where can I find more information on online learning and exams for online courses?
- How do I apply to graduate?
Health and Nursing