Course DescriptionDescribe the human growth process from conception to death in terms of social, emotional, physical, and intellectual functioning and examine the various theories of human development. Explain the nature-nurture debate, identify behaviour patterns that are abnormal for a particular developmental stage, and apply theoretical perspectives to explain "normal" and "abnormal" behaviour patterns throughout the human lifespan. Identify and describe positive environmental factors that can promote growth throughout the lifespan.
EquivalentsPsychology 2 (PSYCSS144) OR Psychology Of Development (PSYCSS283) OR Developmental Issues In Childhood and Adolescence (PSYC10004) OR Child Development & Behaviour 1 (EDUCEC121)
Applies to the following Programs
- Child and Youth Care - 612 : Program of Studies / Mandatory Courses
- Children's Mental Health : Program of Studies / Mandatory Courses
- Counselling Techniques - 802 : Program of Studies / Mandatory Courses
- Educational Support - 747 : Program of Studies / Mandatory Courses
- General Arts and Science - 230 : Program of Studies / Mandatory Courses