- Program Description
- Program of Studies / Mandatory Courses
- Admission and Registration
- Next Steps
- Frequently Asked Questions
- College Resources
- Program Contact
Learn to recognize racial inequity and negative stereotyping as a significant social problem. Students will gain a greater understanding of the complex issues arising from the interaction of different cultural and ethnic groups within contemporary Canada. Courses in this program will encourage students examine diversity in a social context, explore critical differences in cross-cultural communication and identify the sources, causes, forms and manifestations of theses issues in our society. This program will prepare learners to act equitably and justly when working with diverse populations.
- Identify intercultural issues in North American society.
- Apply intercultural communication theories to their daily lives and respect and understand persons from other cultures.
- Ability to create an environment in which individuals will feel comfortable communicating with people from different cultures and backgrounds.
- Understand the definition of culture and inter-cultural communication theories such as differences in gestures, personal spaces and customs.
- Enhance sensitivity to and intolerance of mistreatment based on racial or ethnic background and appearance, and considers how to handle theses issues as professional individuals in Canadian society.
Admission and Registration
You do not need to apply to begin this program. Simply ensure you meet the requirements listed on the Admission Requirements webpage prior to registering.
Interested in taking a single course? Provided you have the appropriate prerequisites, the courses in this program can be taken individually.
For details on related occupations, job market information and career opportunities, visit the Government of Canada Job Bank (opens in new window).
Frequently Asked Questions
- Continuing Education FAQ
- Where can I find more information on registering?
- What is the fee structure?
- How can I apply for an exemption?
- Can I obtain credit for learning obtained outside a traditional classroom?
- Where can I find more information on online learning and exams for online courses?
- How do I apply for the Acknowledgement of Completion?
Interdisciplinary, Media, Creative Arts and Business