- Program Description
- Program of Studies / Mandatory Courses
- Admission and Registration
- Learning Outcomes
- Next Steps
- Field Placement / Clinical
- Frequently Asked Questions
- College Resources
- Program Contact
Enhance your food service skills for employment in Long Term Care and Health Care facilities!
Turn your interest in food and health into a rewarding career as a Food Services Worker. Focusing on safety, sanitation and nutrition, this program combines online theory courses with hands-on fieldwork.
Explore cooking principles and methods for preparing food in large quantities, nutrition in the health care environment, menu planning, diet therapy, food handling and more, to help prepare you for a career in the food services department across various health care facilities.
Admission and Registration
You do not need to apply to begin this program. Simply ensure you meet the requirements listed on the Admission Requirements webpage prior to registering.
If English is your second language, we strongly recommend a Canadian Language Benchmark of 6.
Interested in taking a single course? Provided you have the appropriate prerequisites, the courses in this program can be taken individually.
Bursary funding may be available. Learn more about Financial Assistance Options for Continuing Education Students.
- Food Service Departments in Health Care Facilities, specifically Long Term Care.
- Food Service Worker
For details on related occupations, job market information and career opportunities, visit the Government of Canada Job Bank (opens in new window).
Field Placement / Clinical
Visit our Food Services Fieldwork page for details.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Continuing Education FAQ
- Where can I find more information on registering?
- What is the fee structure?
- How can I apply for an exemption?
- Can I obtain credit for learning obtained outside a traditional classroom?
- Where can I find more information on online learning and exams for online courses?
- How do I apply to graduate?
Health and Nursing